Host a Workshop
Thank you for your interest in hosting a training. We look forward to working with you to provide an informative, fun and safe atmosphere for learning! The Center for AAC & Autism will be doing in-person trainings only when we can comply with CDC and local guidelines, and we feel we can ensure the health and safety of our hosts, attendees, and trainers. We will be monitoring the local Covid incidence rate and will only proceed if it falls within the low-moderate range (CDC: Know your Community Level) as the training date nears. Trainings may be moved online as necessary. Flexibility will be key as local and state guidelines change.
Requests to host a LAMP training can be made by filling out the LAMP Request Form. Please make a request five months prior to the desired date of the workshop. Selection of host sites is at the discretion of the Center of AAC & Autism based on a number of factors (location, room capacity, number of applicants, and presenter availability, etc.). Once selected, the hosting center will be contacted to work out details.
The Center for AAC & Autism is able to offer low-cost public trainings by working with host sites that can offer space for the presentations. In return, the host site receives ten free registrations for their staff and the opportunity for three of their clients to receive a one-month AAC device loan to try the LAMP™ approach
Host Site Responsibilities Include:
- Providing meeting space and parking availability for at least 50 people.
- Providing audio/visual equipment i.e. screen, projector, sound, etc.
- Introduce the LAMP trainer the day of the workshop
- Provide access to refreshments
- Assisting CAA staff with set-up and registration
- Local promotion of workshop (brochures provided); announcement of workshop and link to CAA website on host facility's website (if available)
The Center for AAC & Autism will:
- Provide respected speakers and cover all related expenses
- Provide a quality course
- Advertise the workshop and your facility through targeted e-mails, brochures, and postings on our website
- Handle registrations
- Supply handouts and manuals
- Provide Certificates of Completion to all participants
- Provide ASHA approved CEUs
- Ten free registrations for host site employees for the LAMP and LAMP Extended courses and five free registrations for the Moving Forward course
- Free registration for the parents' of the clients that will be using the trial device
PRC-Saltillo will provide:
- A one-month trial period with up to three dedicated devices (either Accent 1000, Accent 800 or Via Pro based on availability)
- Additional training through the clients' local consultant and e-trainings
We also offer private online and in-person training options for a fee. Click here for more information.